How to Get Every Dollar You Deserve....
By Getting the Full Value of Your House!
The ability to reap additional profits on the sale of your home can be accomplished easily enough if you make the right improvements. Many changes can provide the prospective buyer with enhanced feelings about your home. Feelings of more space, more light, more rooms, more closet space, greater privacy, warmth and security. Basic, simple and inexpensive improvements can provide an improved emotional response in a potential buyer.
An example could be something as small as a crack in the paint on a wall. Simply by applying some plaster and touch up paint, you eliminated what may be an unstated concern that your home was poorly maintained. Though the feeling may be unconscious, itís just as important that the potential buyer feel an overall desire for your home. If you are working with a small budget these simple techniques will work absolute wonders:
- The Magic of Mirrors!
- Mirrors can provide a greater sense of space and elegance when properly placed. Be careful not to overdo it, but when placed properly throughout your home, each area will seem larger to the potential home buyer. Try looking in your attic or basement for any old mirrors, but be sure they have a nice frame or at least give the frame a new coat of paint. You may also want to visit a local flea market or garage sale, you can almost always get a great deal on an old mirror or two. Putting one foot square mirrors on a closet door in the master bedroom is always an attractive touch.
Adding Additional Closet Space
- One of the biggest complaints heard from potential buyers is that there just isnít enough closet space! Simply purchasing an inexpensive closet organizer and installing it in any or all of your closets can make all the difference. You can also try putting a rod across one corner of a bedroom for hanging clothes. Also you could try hanging a screen made from a variety of materials. The screen could match the material of the bedspread, drapes etc. The idea here is to be creative so that the "fake closet" looks as though it was a part of the room.
Make a Bare Wall Beautiful
- Wallpaper is inexpensive, quick and easy to do! The right wallpaper can brighten the room or hallway and bring it back to life. Be careful to choose something with a neutral design or pattern, remember youíre trying to move out.
Bring Old Floors Back to Life!
- Nothing turns off a potential buyer quicker than dull, dingy, disgusting looking floors. Whether you have wax, wooden or tiled floors do whatever you can to make them shine again! For wax floors, either rent a floor machine and do it yourself or, if itís in your budget, hire a professional. Have a professional give you an estimate and explain exactly what they would do to bring your floors back to life. If you have them explain what they would do, it may be just as easy to do it yourself. If you have carpeted floors you should either have the carpet steam cleaned or install new carpeting. This may sound expensive but new carpeting can add thousands of dollars to the value of your home.
Add Attractive Plants
- Having plants in the house is not only healthy for you but you create a warm feeling with them. Many indoor plants are far less expensive then you might imagine. Attractive pots such as ceramic, brass or even designer plastic will add a designer flair to your home. Hanging plants such as Boston ferns are inexpensive, easy to care for and would go great in your new home wherever you move.
Adding a Room Without Calling in the Contractor!
- This simple but seldom used technique, can give a buyer the feeling there are more actual rooms in your house. Floor to ceiling room dividers are inexpensive and simple to install. When a buyer walks through your home, they will generally count the rooms in a subconscious manner. Each room will present an emotional response as they walk through your home. By dividing and designing each side of your room, you create a " separate room" feeling in the potential buyer. It may sound crazy but it works!
Clean Up the Bathroom
- Weíve probably all heard that phrase a hundred times growing up as children! Well guess what? Itís still valid. Give your bathroom a face-lift if needed: fresh paint, decorative moldings, tile grout, new designer faucets are all attractive eye catchers.
What is That Smell?
- Though people donít like to admit it, everyone's home has a certain smell to it. We just never notice it because we live with it day in, day out. Strategically placing fresh scent devices throughout the home will be pleasant to the nose of any potential buyer. As a matter of fact, an old Real Estate Professional trick is to pop some cinnamon rolls in an oven 5 minutes before a showing. I bet you thought all Real Estate Professionals just had a sweet-tooth!
301 Hwy 61 South
Natchez, MS 39120